On October 31, 2011, The Volunteers of BowWow Beach (VOBB) gave notice of limited participation to the City of Stow. As the season winds down for the year and the park nears its closing date, the group would like to announce to all park-goers that it will no longer hold any fundraising or educational activities beginning in 2012. Individuals and businesses can continue to make donations directly to The City of Stow. The VOBB will continue to manage the Bow Wow Beach Facebook Group and will also manage the Bow Wow Beach Web site (www.bowwowbeach.org).
With permission and backing from the City of Stow, the VOBB coordinated fundraising activities, held pet educational seminars and partnered with local pet related businesses to help make Bow Wow Beach one of the top 10 dog parks in the country. Over the past two years some of the park accomplishments that were a result of the VOBB’s activities and influence include:
1. Coordinating fun, free activities and contests for park goers during park events and celebrations.
2. Partnering with the Eagle Scouts of America to build the Agility course.
3. Extending the fence by the dock in order to create a dock diving area.
4. Arranging for sand donations to the beach.
5. Arranging for mulch donations to help control muddy areas.
6. Three dog wash stations and a separate exit.
7. Coordinating pet related educational seminars with sponsors such as Primary Pet Care, Paws n Claws Academy and Sit Means Sit.
8. Timber, the Bow Wow Beach mascot.
9. Promotional merchandise such as t-shirts, shorts, bandanas, etc.
10. The official Bow Wow Beach web site.
11. The official Bow Wow Beach Facebook page.
12. Securing sponsorships with local companies in the form of fence signs and web site banner ads.
13. Open monthly meetings where any park-goer could express ideas, opinions and ask questions.
14. Developing positive local and national media exposure for the park.
15. Protecting the parks’ reputation through goodwill and communication with park-goers.
16. Installation of the secure donation box at the main box.
The VOBB would like to thank everyone for their support of the VOBB and continued support of Bow Wow Beach. You’ll still see all of the VOBB members at the park in 2012, but any park related questions or problems should be addressed directly with the Parks and Recreation Department of the City of Stow. They can be contacted at 330-689-5100.